Cotham's restaurants have a long and distinguished history in Arkansas. The original location, Cotham's Mercantile, was built in 1917. It has served as a general mercantile store in the Scott area for area farmers and plantation owners since it's beginning. It has also served as a military commissary and lockup for local law violators awaiting trial by a circuit-riding judge.

In 1984, a small eating area was opened to serve lunch to area farmers. Soon discovered by prominent politicians, notably Bill Clinton and David Pryor, the restaurant suddenly became the place to eat and greet for distinguished Arkansans from all walks of life. A new location opened in October of 1999 on the corner of 3rd and Victory. Cotham's has now become an institution in Arkansas, whose reputation for outstanding food has gained national recognition.

Our trademark hubcap hamburgers and onion rings have won many awards. President Bush came by for a chocolate fried pie while in office and Food Network Magazine voted us as the best burger in the State of Arkansas. Rachel Ray also featured us on her show Tasty Travels, and the Scott location was featured on the Travel Channel’s Man Vs. Food. We are very proud of our history and we promise to do our best to make your visit a memorable one.

 

Content © 2010 Cotham's • Site Design by 501 Graphic Design • 501.765.9273